Jan 28, 2011
Develop JVLC Project on Eclipse, Win7
JVLC is a java version of VLC player, it can be downloaded at 'http://code.google.com/p/vlcj/'. But it is not easy to be set up. I also encounter some hectic problems. And JVLC does not support Mac OS at present!!!
1) download Eclipse at 'http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/'. We should download the matched version with the OS, such that my computer need to use Windows 32-bit instead of 64-bit.
2) ensure Java Runtime Environment(JRE) has been installed.
3) install and run Eclipse directly.
4) extract vlcj to the workspace of Eclipse. Build up a project and import it into Eclipse.
5) If we run the project now, probably we will get some error like this, "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libvlc': The specified module could not be found."
6) So we need install VLC and it can be downloaded at 'http://www.videolan.org/vlc/releases/1.1.5.html'.
7) After the installation, the solution to that error is that the system PATH should be redirected to the directory which contains the module of "libvlc.dll". "libvlc.dll" is in 'C:\Program Files(x86)\VideoLAN\VLC'.
8) So what we need to do is to configure the environment variables, putting this path into the System PATH. The details and steps is illustrated on the website of Java (http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml).
9) And do not forget to Reboot your computer. This is very important to activate PATH variable.
10) Now, JVLC could be compilable and work.